Letter dated January 13, 2010
I wanted to take a minute and give a little spotlight on my dear companion Hermana L. She's from Idaho and has been out on her mission for 5 or 6 months now. Apart from being an incredible missionary she demonstrates phenomenal skills in piano playing. She is also extremely patient and mellow-tempered (which is a bonus for me because I'm sure I'm not the easiest to live with :) ). Yep, sure am blessed to be with her and have the opportunity to work hard together in this area and to learn from her.
All is well here- even super well! (Is that even gramatically correct?) We've had quite the adventures here this week- still playing the detective game and seeking out our fellow Hispanics! We've had many opportunities to share the Gospel with our English friends which has been a treat!..... but I'm still so grateful for and lllloooovvvveeee Hispanics! :) My people!
Oh yes, our GPS now works for the Adversary- she loves to do anything that she can to get us lost and send us down one way streets with heavy traffic--- we've practically been laughing death in the face in many instances! .... :) No, I think it must be the operator of the car---(me). The streets here are nuts! You should see the freeways here with seventy different exits to get to our house! Gotta love it!
We're teaching two really awesome families right now- O and her children as well as A and her kids. The Lord leads and guides you in peculiar ways to those of His children that are seeking for the truth. Everything happens for a reason. I'm so grateful for those who have previously been here serving before who have prepared the way for our brothers and sisters to come to know and eventually accept the Gospel in their lives. All is well!
Well, I love you all to bits and pieces and pray that you may all have a glorious week filled with lots of sunshine, precious moments, and laughter! Keep on being you! The Lord loves exactly who you are- YOU!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment