Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tender Mercies of the Lord

Letter dated February 24, 2010

Como estan todos? Happy day to you all--- hope you do all that you can to make a magnificent one! How is your Book of Mormon Challenge coming along? Keep up the good work! As you pray before and after reading, ask the Lord to enlighten your understanding and talk amongst yourselves how it is that you may apply the things that you've read in your own personal lives and as a family. Apllication, Application, APPLICATION!!!!! :) You're all the greatest!

Right now Hermana L and I are on exchanges back up here in my old stomping grounds with the other Hermanas and will be here until tomorrow. Being back here floods back so many wonderful memories & feelings, remembering all of the precious moments shared while serving here in this area. I've got excited butterflies in my stomach to go out and teach here this evening and gratitude fills my heart to be amongst those that I love so dearly- to be here once again with those who have become as members of my family. I love the people here dearly......... never will I regret the sacred opportunity that the Lord has given me to teach His restored gospel and to become a part of the lives of these most humble and amazing people that I've had the privilege to meet and teach since being here on my mission.....and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to continue to find those people and share the most precious thing to my heart with them in each passing day. I feel as though my heart were to explode with gratitude! I am so grateful for and love my mission! My mission means everything to me.

We had the blessed opportunity to go on exchanges with the English Sisters the other day as well. Wow! God truly does love His children (yes, even those who speak English :) ), and reaches out to bless them as they seek for Him in their lives. We were able to learn so much from our experience with the Sisters and those we visited, allowing us to ponder how well we are working as the Lord's servants and what we may do to become greater instruments within His hands and make even more beautiful symphonies of music! :)

Always remember that the Lord loves you and blesses you continually each and every day. It is up to us to open our eyes and view the many ways that He has blessed us, and to give credit to Him for all that He does. Always go about with gratitude in your heart, and you will be filled with never-ending joy.

No comments: