Letter dated July 1, 2009
I am back here now in my old area once again- they just can't seem to let go of me :) As you all know I was sent to to work in a zebra companionship working with two English speaking sisters. But, the Lord had other plans for me- I was only there for a week and a half. Sister Maughan and Sister Mora (my Spanish speaking sister missionaries) were here still. However, Sister Maughan went home on medical leave on Monday- No worries, she'll be fine. So now I'm back here once again with Hermana Mora! :) I can tell you one thing- I sure am getting good at my packing and moving skills- you can all put me to work some day- (but I still can't beat the "Nature's Sunshine Packer" :) he, he )!
I love the madness and the craziness of missionary work! So many random changes and you're always being thrown something new! What we have in mind is not always what the Lord has in store. Isn't it beautiful?! None of us know what the future holds, but as we put our faith and trust in Him we need not worry, because He'll help and guide us. Plus, His plan is always far better than our own- He knows us better than we know ourselves for goodness sake, and knows exactly what we need to learn and grow.
While I was gone Fernando was baptized and confirmed!!!! Yay!!!! :) I'M SO HAPPY!!!! Also, I was able to take part in the baptism of Mike while I was away- wahoo! Incredible men who have embraced the Gospel of Jesus Christ and let its powerful effect change their lives completely.
Though my week and a half away was short, I feel as though I just about learned more during that time than in my entire mission! So many things I have taken back here and together with Hermana Mora, plan to apply in order to lift and elevate the missionary work here. Big changes are in the air- I can feel it! I'm excited to carry through!
I love you all dearly and hope you all know how very special you are. Keep on praying, reading your scriptures, and going to church--- you will be greatly blessed. The Lord loves you and will continue to guide you. Always have a smile on your face and spread sunshine wherever you go. Do as the Lord commands. I love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment