Friday, August 14, 2009

40 Day Fast

Letter dated July 8, 2009

Hermana M and I are officially on a 40 day fast as of July 1st. We're fasting from the things that we absolutely love (not including missionary work :) )- like CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE MILK, CHOCOLATE GRANOLA BARS.... did I mention CHOCOLATE? Oh yeah, then the other fun stuff like pop, desserts, sweets, etc. In the last week, suprisingly we had four birthday parties- all of which had scrumptious Tres Leches (something that's more magnificent than Birthday cake by far).....Diablo.... No- it's been great! Oh yeah, I forgot to say our reason for fasting for 40 days. We're fasting in behalf of seeing great miracles happen here in our area and throughout the mission- especially dealing with helping to strengthen and fortify our ward as a unit. As a result, we know that the Lord will bless us in our efforts and we will become more effective missionaries, being greater instruments in His hands so that we may help in every capacity that we can. Sacrifice brings about great miracles. Within only eight days we've already seen little miracles take place! We're excited to see what the next 32 hold! :)

Did I ever tell you all that we had 2 baptisms? Yay!!! It's such a comfort and a blessing to know that these men followed the promptings of the Spirit and chose to enter into the first door to obtain their eternal salvation.

No comments: