Friday, August 14, 2009

Greenie

Letter dated July 29, 2009

Two weeks ago we had transfers- yep, Hermana M and I are still here in our incredible area.... also, we received a new greenie (a new missionary in the field), Hermana B from Illinois, and yes, we're in a trio! Yay for the power of trios! President M asked me to be her trainer, so I'm striving every day to better myself and be the example for her that she needs. I'm definitely not perfect! I'm so grateful for my flaws and weaknesses that humble me every day and help me see that I'm only human and need to use the Atonement just as much as everybody else. Our weaknesses can become our strengths if we confide in the Lord. But having Hermana B here is such a blessing and I have learned so much through her example and willingness to work and meet the needs of the people. She and Hermana M are the greatest!It's been a crazy week here in the mission field- sick companions, people dropping baptism dates, and fatal tragedies in our ward..... but all is well and the Lord's work continues forth. There is opposition in all things, but things always work out. The events within this past week have made me realized how very dear and precious life is and the great importance and eternal significance of families.We're teaching some great new families and the Lord is blessing this area tremendously and pouring His love abundantly upon the people....This is His work.

No comments: