Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Busy, Busy

Letter dated June 3, 2009

YOU'RE ALL SO SPECIAL AND I LOVE YOU TO BITS AND PIECES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, now that we got all that out in the open, lets talk a little bit about this week....

Where do I even begin? For those of you who may think that we as missionaries only sit on our caboose and teach lessons all day long, I am here to enlighten you a bit. This week has not only been full of teaching, but planning and preparations to help people obtain passports, marriage licenses, planning for weddings, trying to help "hook people up", apartment hunting for others, locating runaway teenagers again and helping rekindle family relationships, and helping out the police once more with a break in front of our house. What a busy week, but it was one of the best! Oh yeah, and we were supposed to have transfers tomorrow, but almost all of the missionaries in the MTC are sick with the flu, so they're not sending any missionaries out for at least two weeks. That doesn't influence us much because we didn't have any new sisters coming in. Sister Maughn is coming to live with Sister Mora and I for two weeks, and then we're not sure where we'll all be after that. Yep, living on the edge is what we missionaries do best!

Fernando is progressing rapidly and is so excited for his baptism at the end of this month! :) He's the greatest! It's been so amazing to see how his life has changed dramatically in the short amount of time that we've known him. The other morning he called us out of the blue to tell us that he was more sure about his baptism than anything else in his life and was willing to give up everything for the Lord. You can imagine the joy that we felt!

We've also been teaching Esmerelda who is living in a hotel right now and helping her with preparations to marry her boyfriend who is a member that just moved here. She's awesome and has great interest in learning about temples and the eternal nature of families.

Things are great and life is good. The Gospel is blessing the lives of so many here in Virginia. I love this work and there is nothing else I'd rather be doing and nowhere else I'd rather be right now than here among these people.

Use the power of prayer in your life and see the miracles God will bless you with.

No comments: