Friday, May 29, 2009

Baptism

Letter dated May 27, 2009

Yo tengo un noticia....BAPTISM ON JUNE 27TH for FERNANDO!!!!! :) We're soooo happy and overjoyed for him! He's from Mexico and is 23 years old- he's a cousin of one of our less-active families we've been teaching. He has such a strong and solid testimony about how the Gospel of Jesus Christ can change our lives. Despite all of the speed bumps we've faced in the past few months with the work here, all of the hard work and effort is starting to pay off. We've planted the seeds.... now it's time to harvest them... and it's coming soon! I know that the Lord's hand is in this great work- without Him we are nothing. He is the only one who has the power to perform the miracles that I've witnessed take place- the transformation of lives through the application of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I want to share with you the power and sacredness of the Book of Mormon in each of our lives. In the Introduction to the Book of Mormon it clearly states that it "puts forth the doctrines of the gospel, outlines the plan of salvation, and tells men what they must do to gain peace in this life and eternal salvation in the life to come." It is "the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book." Wow!!! What a powerful guide and tool we've been given by our Heavenly Father to lead and direct us in our lives. I know that once we start a serious and dedicated study of the Book of Mormon and the application thereof, our lives will be enriched and blessed. I know that the Book of Mormon is sacred scripture and is the word of God. I know that as we not only read, but STUDY and APPLY its teachings in our life, God will continue to bless us with further light, knowledge, and revelation. Who doesn't need more blessings in their lives?! I exhort you all to, if you haven't already, start NOW a serious study and application of the Book of Mormon in your life- you won't be disappointed. Ask God, through prayer, to help you understand the sacred words therein and to help you gain a testimony over and over again of its divine worth and power. Elder Jospeh B. Wirthlin once said, "Please do not take the Book of Mormon for granted. Pay for a vision of how the Book of Mormon can be used more effectively in your mission (life). I promise that as you do so, your mind will be enlightened with the direction that you should take.

No comments: