Letter dated April 8, 2009
WOW!!!!! Wasn't General Conference amazing?! As I listened to the words of our Prophet Thomas S. Monson, as well as our ordained apostles and leaders of the Church, I was reminded that these individuals have truly been called of God to lead, direct, and guide His church today. I know that Thomas S. Monson truly is a Prophet of God, receiving direct revelation from Him for all of us in the world today. How grateful I am that God has given us prophets to guide us in these latter days! :) We really are a blessed people. If we will only hearken to his words, we will never be led astray!
Each of the talks that were given were very special and different in their own way. A lot of the talks focused on the importance of temples and families, as well as love and reverence in our homes, and enduring to the end, always looking forward with faith. All of these talks truly were inspired of God.
Especially in times like now where many face uncertainty and difficult circumstances, it is important to press forward and have faith, knowing that everything will work out and be just fine. I think of the words of our Prophet Thomas S. Monson which said, "The future is as bright as your faith".... how true that is! There is nothing in this world that can defeat us. With God on our side, all things are possible. I know that as we continue to put our faith and trust in Him, striving to remain positive and be optimistic, He will bless us beyond measure. He loves us all dearly, and will bless us beyond measure if we will but only follow Him. Let us always count the blessings that we have been given, and realize that as long as we have our family and the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we have it all. Money, jobs, and the temporal things of this world will waste away. Let us always hold tight to those things that have eternal worth and value. I know that as we make this our first priority in our lives we will find happiness and blessings in great abundance. So put a smile on your face, focus on what is most important in life, and keep moving forward. Again, "The future is as bright as your faith."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment