Friday, May 29, 2009

Our Strongest Defense

Letter dated May 20, 2009

Yesterday we went to an appointment for the first time and met with a man who was very strong and active in another church. Very nice man, but all he wanted to do was Bible bash and try to do all that he could to convince us that everything we believed in was false. Personally, I don't know the scriptures in and out like he did, but we had something more powerful.... we had the Spirit and the power of our testimony. It says in the scriptures that if you don't have the Spirit you cannot teach. I don't think we realize the strength of our testimonies and the powerful effect that it has when we willingly share it. Bearing testimony is our strongest defense- our sharpest weapon. Always remember that. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is truly the Church of Jesus Christ and is the only church that has the power and authority of the Priesthood, the power to act in the name of God. I know that we have a living prophet today and that Joseph Smith truly was a Prophet of God, and was given the power to translate the Book of Mormon through God. The Book of Mormon is sacred scripture and is the keystone of our religion. These things I leave with you in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: