Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Zebra Companionship

Letter dated June 17, 2009

Como estan todo? Les quiero mucho! Alrighty--- BIG CHANGES!!!! Two weeks ago we were supposed to have transfers for the whole mission, but almost everyone in the MTC were sick with the flue and were quarantined (Is that the right word?) and weren't allowed to go in or out for two weeks. However, because we had one of our Spanish sisters going home, we were put in a trio for 2 weeks where I was serving before. I was still with Sister Mora, and Sister Maughan came to work with us.... we're the last three Spanish speaking sisters in the whole mission. Well, transfers is tomorrow and we have Spanish Elders coming in. Last night we got transfer calls, and Sister Maughan and Mora are staying where we've been- and I'm going to a new area! I'll be in a trio and it will be a zebra companionship- which means that I'll be helping teach with the English sisters, and I will also be teaching by myself in Spanish. So this will be a great opportunity to learn what it's like to do English work and will really push my Spanish skills. This will be a wonderful experience! English and Spanish work is SO DIFFERENT and I'm excited to experience that firsthhand. Also, I'll be with Sister Algood I believe, as well as Sister Sowards, who is one of the greatest missionaries in the Virginia Richmond Mission- she is really gun-hoe about the work and with the Lord's help, as well as her companions and many others, they're making miracles happen. I'M SO EXCITED but a little sad at the same time to be leaving my little Hermanitas- it will probably only be for 4 weeks then we'll see what happens.

No comments: