Saturday, November 7, 2009

Transfers

Letter dated October 7, 2009

Wow! Tomorrow is transfers and I was surprised to receive a phone call last night from our Mission President. We have three new Spanish speaking sisters coming in (until a week or so ago we thought there'd only be two) and what our Zone Leaders had talked with us about is that probably Hermana M, Hermana B and I would be split up in three different companionships and each being paired with a new missionary and being sent to one of three places- here, my first area, or Virginia Beach (new area for sisters). I'll be honest, I was convinced that I was leaving.... but I guess that's not what the Lord had in store for me.... President M said that we're only going to have two companionships of trios, one here and the other in my first area. He said that he'd prayed about it for a long time and felt strongly impressed that I train two of the new sister missionaries and that we stay here, and Hermanas M, B, and one of the the new sisters go to my first area. He said that I'll be the first in the history of the Virginia Richmond Mission to train two new missionaries but that I have his full trust and confidence as well as the Lord's. Let's just say that I was a little shocked and couldn't help but feel quite inadequate for the task at hand! I am so grateful that the Lord is at the head of this work and that we're never expected to do it alone. Just be obedient, work hard, and give it everything you've got and He'll make up for the rest. I'm so excited for this opportunity that I have to be training, and together with the Lord and my companions, to help to continue to transform this area and to thrust in our sickles with all of our might and reap the harvest. The Lord has great things in store........ and I'm PUMPED!!!!!! :)

Wasn't General Conference amazing?! I love that you get out of it whatever you put into it. What an incredible opportunity we have to be instructed by the Lord's servants and to have this incredible form of guidance in our lives. Apply what you have learned! Act on the things that you thought and felt! I loved how our Prophet Thomas S. Monson focused on losing ourselves in the service of others and remembering that when we are in the service of our fellow being we are only in the sercvice of our God (Mosiah 2:17). Go and do something good for someone else today and do not let opportunities pass by! Every one of us has a part to play- Play it well!

No comments: