Letter dated October 14, 2009
Has it been a week already?! Hope this letter finds you all well and living your lives as happily and productively as you allow yourselves to- go above and beyond and "Aim High". Involve the Lord in all of your plans and take action- He'll help make them happen.
What a wonderful week! Last Thursday I received my two sweet new missionaries fresh from the MTC- Hermana B from UT and Hermana V from California. I don't know how I was so blessed to receive such hardworking, diligent, optimistic, and incredible missionaries! While I may be their trainer, it seems just the opposite- I am learning more from them than they could ever imagine. This has been such a beautiful and humbling experience. In this past week I have felt so strongly the constant companionsip and unity of the Spirit. In this past week we have witnessed countless miracles and have felt what it really means to let the Lord guide in this work. As long as you are working as hard, smart, obediently, effectively, and cheerfully as you are capable of doing then the Lord will bless you accordingly... we have seen just that. We have met and began teaching so many different new investigators (families- yay!) that the Lord has placed in our path. I testify that as a missionary, if you will talk to and teach as many people as the Lord puts in your path in your day to day activities, He will bless you with those who are more valiant and ready to eagerly receive the gospel. One family in particular that we are going by to teach for the second time tonight is the C family who were a media referral through church headquarters. They had ordered a Finding Happiness DVD, and upon our first visit said that they had seen the Restoration video and were anxious to learn more about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon..... the Lord has prepared and is preparing His children to greater receive the truth. My heart is so full right now and is in supplication of giving thanks to the Lord for pouring out so abundantly upon us His Spirit and His blessings.... this only being one of the many experiences that I have mentioned. God is real. He lives. Our Savior Jesus Christ lives and is the head of this church. Trust in the power of prayer. Trust the Lord in all things and He will guide you. I love you all and leave this testimony with you in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment