Letter dated September 9, 2009
Alrighty, I'm reviewing over this past week and am picking out significant events- let's see......
....... (still thinking)...... :) .... oh yes, Hermana M and I got counseled by two different members saying "estamos un poco mas gordita que antes".... in other words, we're getting a little to happy with the Hispanic food and those love handles are really starting to show their love if you know what I mean! :) Yep, Hermana M and I just laughed our heads off because Hispanics are just so darn honest and innocent.... (then we vowed that we would go on a diet... after we finish the Chimicangas in our freezer :) )
What else happened? Oh yeah, we got invited to go to the "playa" (beach) for the day with one of our investigators :) ... we had to kindly turn him down and keep from laughing hysterically! (You can tell I've been on my mission for awhile now- my sense of humor is completely gone and things that never seemed too funny before are now hilarious! Ay caramba! :) )
Exciting news- this Saturday we're having Elder Jay E. Jensen of the Seventy coming to speak to the Richmond area!
We're coming into contact with lots of people to teach once again :) ..... it seems like it's always men, men, and more men! (Considering the fact that the majority of the Hispanics here are men coming here to work and support their families.) Nevertheless, the Lord is blessing us tremendously in this work and helping lead us to those who are seeking to find the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. Without the guidance of the Holy Ghost we could not do this work. Continually we was call upon the powers of Heaven to assist us in this work every step of the way.
Well, I love you all! Got to run because we're going shopping for the rest of our P-day with our new recent convert E.... who knows what for... maybe I'll by a new pair of nylons or knee highs! Shazam! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment