Monday, September 14, 2009

Wedding, Baptisms, Transfers

Letter dated August 26, 2009

As I wrote last week, we had O's baptism last Tuesday, which was the highlight of my mission thus far. Incredible experience! We also had been running around like crazy, getting everything in order for E and A's wedding on Saturday. Yay, they did it! They finally were able to get married! (What a crazy process with papers, passports, legal stuff... the whole works!) They are so happy! And then, what is even greater, E was baptized on Sunday. :) Happy face! It's so awesome to see how much more happy and relaxed she is- the Gospel of Jesus Christ eliminates the stresses in our lives if we let it. She is greatly anticipating receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday and is doing well. We're so happy for her and her cute little family!

So, we got transfer phone calls last night.... and yep.... I totally called it..... we're all staying in our trio here.... but I feel like my time here with Hermana M and B is coming to a close......... we'll see what the Lord has in store for next transfer. As for now, we're going to give every day all that we've got and I'll make sure that I do all that the Lord expects of me here in this area. The other day we set A for baptism on the 26th of September and his confirmation the following day. He read the entire Book of Mormon, including the guide in the back! :) We're teaching a lot of men right now, but we're praying to find and teach more families. The Lord knows who He's preparing.

No comments: