Letter dated March 4, 2009
This past week has been a unique and crazy one! We started out last Wednesday with my companion getting surgery on her wrist to get a cyst taken out. She's doing a lot better now because she's made of rocks- tough and solid to the core :) She needed a few days to recover, so I went on missionary splits with the other sisters we live with and got to teach a bit to a few of their English investigators they have- that was a blast! (Also, I was the designated driver for a few days- my first time driving a car in over 3 months! That was really weird!)
Then on Sunday night, we got hit with a big snowstorm and were told by our Mission President to shut down our cars and get home immediately. (It wasn't a big storm, but then again I'm used to Utah and driving under those conditions.) On Monday the next day, we were instructed that it was too dangerous to go out, and that we were to stay inside the house that day and catch up on paperwork and contacting investigators and members, cleaning the house, and doing lesson plans, as well as language and scripture study. (I thought that was hilarious because it snows about a foot here and the whole city shuts down! School has been cancelled for three days now! :) )
No, it was really good to get caught up on things, but after being cooped up in the house I realized how much I love missionary work! I couldn't wait until the next day to get out and see the people we were teaching and to do something. It was a great experience for me because I realized that the reason I am out here is because I have a great desire to share the Gospel and want to work hard. I want to work my guts out! I'm so grateful for every day that I'm given here on my mission and the opportunity that I have to be guided by the Lord to those people who are seeking the Gospel in their lives. I love this Gospel and I love this work! There is nowhere else I'd rather be right now than here amongst these people and doing the Lord's work in His way. This is not my work- without Him I am nothing. Through Him I'm able to be an instrument in His hands and help His children. It's beautiful! I have learned so much this week about having a desire to work and to dedicate everything to the building up of His kingdom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment