Letter dated March 11, 2009
Well, tomorrow we all have transfers (every 6 weeks), where each of us have the possibility of being sent to a new area and being with a new companion.
There are 6 Spanish speaking sisters in the entire Virginia Richmond Mission. One of them, Hermana Comstock, I knew was going home at the end of this transfer. So I suppossed that there would be 5 of us left and one of the companionships would be in a trio.
However, I was surprised two weeks ago when my companion had surgery that one of the other sisters we live with, Hermana Ribera, is going home with honarable leave at the end of this transfer as well. (I'm going to miss her like crazy! She's been an incredible example to me of having a positive attitude and working hard.) She told me that the Mission President, President Millburn, had said that I was most likely going to be the senior companion and be with Hermana Mora (who only speaks Spanish)- and that my companion, Hermana Barney, and Hermana Maughan would be companions in a different area. You can imagine how astonished I was! SURPRISE!!! I wasn't expecting that at all! Nothing was set in stone, and we heard rumors that all of us sisters would still be living together here where I'm currently serving. However, I had a feeling that Hermana Mora and I would be companions and would be serving in another area.
So the past week or so my companion, Hermana Barney, has been doing everything she can to help prepare me to be a senior companion to Hermana Mora. She's such a great missionary and is so diligent in all things! I have really enjoyed being Hermana Barney's companion and have learned so much from her. I just love her to pieces! Both Hermana Mora and I got out here at the same time, and are both "greenies", so I'll be senior companion and somewhat of a trainer at the same time. Holy cow!
Anyway, last night we got the phone call to tells us what was happening with transfers. Hermana Barney and Hermana Maughan are staying here, and Hermana Mora and I are heading to another area! Neither Hermana Mora nor I know the new area and are both brand spankin new to the mission field, but we're still being shotgunned out there anyway. I'M SO EXCITED!!! It will be awesome to go into a new area that neither of us know anything about and to start from scratch- what a great opportunity! How fun this new adventure will be! Everyone is shocked that we're being paired up, (both of us being new and hardly being able to communicate with one another).
Anyway, long story short, I'm SUPER HAPPY and ECSTATIC about this new transfer and all that is going to happen! There's one thing for sure, Hermana Mora is definitely going to learn a lot more English, and I'm going to learn Spanish very quickly (we hope :) )! (It's best to just get thrown right into it- that's the greatest way to learn!)
While I'm not sure exactly where to start in this area or how to be a senior companion, I know that the Lord will guide us and there is a reason for everything. I am reminded of a scripture in 1 Nephi 4:6 which says "And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do." I know that the Lord always provides a way, and that as I listen intently to the Spirit, He will give me strength in all things, and will guide us to those people who He wants us to find.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment