Sunday, December 28, 2008

Testimony

Letter dated December 24, 2008

I want to bear my testimony to you that I know that God knows each and every one of us individually. He knows our strengths, our weaknesses, all the things of our hearts and souls, and knows exactly what we're capable of. I know that as we put our faith and trust in Him, He will help us become everything that He wants us to be, and will be able to fulfill all that our earthly ministry has in store for us. I am so grateful that He has a Plan for each and every one of us, and that He hears and answers each of our prayers. He loves us so much and wants to pour blessings out upon us. He's always there waiting to do so, if we choose to let Him in. I know that our Savior Jesus Christ is at the center of His Plan and that He provided the precious gift of the Ultimate Atonement for each and every one of us. He did not just take upon Himself our sins and overcome physical death. He also took upon Himself each of our griefs, pains, sicknesses, weaknesses, temptations, and our trials. He truly does understand all that we go through and is there to heal us, to help us through it all. We need to go to Him. We need to apply the gift of that everlasting Atonement in our lives each and every day. I am so grateful for my Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the perfect life that He lead and strive daily to pattern my life after Him, the Son of God. I know that as we do so He will deepen our joys and give us the strength that we need to overcome anything and everything in our lives. Trust in Him. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true church today, with the fullness of the restored Gospel. I know that through the Prophet Joseph Smith the Priesthood was restored, as well as Christ's true church and Gospel upon the earth. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and truly did see God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. Through the power of God, he was able to translate the golden plates into what we know as The Book of Mormon. I know that by reading, studying, and applying the teachings within the Book of Mormon into our lives, we will receive direction, peace, and answers to all the questions that we have. I know that these scriptures were truly written for our day and time. I know without a shadow of a doubt that we have a prophet today who is called of God, and that Prophet is Thomas S. Monson. If we heed his counsel and understand that he truly speaks the word of God, we will never be led astray. I leave that with you in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: