Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sacrifices

Letter dated November 25, 2009

First of all, I want to apologize if any of you have sent letters in the mail or e-mailed in the last few weeks. The mission office has been keeping the last two weeks worth of mail because of transfers, and I just received them Monday. As well, my e-mail is experiencing some glitches, and I haven't been able to receive e-mails for the last three weeks, and it's still not working. Not complaining- just letting you all know that I didn't forget about you and that I love you to bits and pieces!

Well, L was baptized on Sunday and will be confirmed next Sunday! Talk about making sacrifices- that man has pretty much sacrificed everything for the gospel, including getting kicked out of his house for his faith and leaving him pretty much homeless and jobless. The church is amazing- the way that it functions to take care of those in need- always looking out for one another- they've helped him get back on his feet. But L has a solid testimony and there is nothing that could ever waiver him. He has seen the great blessings that the Gospel has brought and is bringing into his life, and he is willing to give up everything in order to do that which is right and be a disciple of Jesus Christ. What an amazing example to each of us. What are we willing to give up and sacrifice for the Gospel?

No comments: